Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Can't get enough of the US of A

More more more!!

Yesterday we went for a mini grocery shopping trip to the States..again. I think they are beginning to recognise me at the border now =P

Although I don't have a Canadian/American Nexus pass that will allow me to avoid the long line ups at the border...I am pretty much unrestricted on the goods I bring back because I'm non-Canadian. YAY, one point to me!! Apparently, the duty laws are less stringent for foreigners. Found that out yesterday - no duty on booze or tobacco! Not that I buy either of those but hey, just putting it out there..take me along if you wanna get that coz my passport allows it ;)

So we went had lunch at Lorenzo's where you can get a MASSIVE mexican meal for like less than $6 including unlimited corn chips with salsa. I was soooooooo super full after this:

I think that was Enchiladas..under all that sauce, rice and beans

Burritos
Lina's three egg meal..all done!

Can't believe we still managed to have Churros

After a heavy lunch, it was time to go grocery shopping to walk off what we ate...first we hit up Target, then Grocery Outlet then finished off the day at Cost Cutters.


Three cartons for $10! Bargain!

Random things for $1

Aisles and aisles of candy
Even more aisles of Valentine's Day goodies
Too many to choose from
I don't even remember how long we spent just in this aisle

I went for the small one at first, then saw the jumbo size one for $3!
Our shopping cart just getting filled by the minute

Lookie here..is that Balderdash I see..

Look what I found!

Me =)

Abusing the trunk space of our car
Trying to shove all the groceries to the back

For there is more to come..

Over flowing..this was only like 3 hours worth of shopping

Well done team!
That was a super fun mini epic adventure of buying groceries for tonight's Mexican potluck. Every time I go there with nothing in mind to buy, I still manage to come back with something. At least it wasn't a bridesmaid dress this time (yes, somehow I managed that the last time I went back which was less than a week ago)

But I can't resist a sale and when I saw bread for 80cents, I had to buy three loaves...only to come and find that one of my roomies had already gone out to buy bread...now our freezer is full of bread.


Guess what we'll be having over the next few weeks..

1 comment: