As I sit here and type this, I can't help but gaze at the mountains and feel so blessed about everything I have in my life right now. If you described to me at the beginning of the year that this is where I'll be, there is no way I would have thought that was close to possible. But hey, here I am now with everything I could ever want and a list of what I am thankful for (maybe this would be more appropriate during the Thanksgiving season =P)
- Living with views of the mountain from my backyard
- Living one block from the skytrain station
- Living three stops away from Metrotown, the biggest shopping centre in BC..second biggest in Canada
- Living ten minutes from Downtown
- Living a five minute walk to the community centre (only just discovered the other day!)
- Having the bus stop right outside my house
- Living with six other awesome girl, its a sorority house minus all the drama
- Living in such a big house and never feeling like my personal space is compromised
- Having such a huge kitchen to get my baking on
- Having a home cooked meal prepared every night, yet only having to cook once a week
- Being able to talk to anyone in the house about anything..including at 3am in the morning (There is always one person awake at any hour of the day here!)
- Having a selection of board games on the shelf
- Having a selection of books on the fireplace mantle
- Having a selection of 20 different teas, coffees and hot chocolate
- Having not one, but two fireplaces
- Having my first real Christmas tree in the living room
- Having my first cold Christmas EVER
- Having a jacuzzi in my room I haven't used yet
- Having a walk in wardrobe the size of a small bedroom
- Having a flatscreen LCD TV with surround sound in the family room
- Having a workout room...no excuses for no exercise!
- Having roomies the same size as me..my wardrobe magically increased ten fold!
- Going down to the States for shopping and eating
- Going up to Whistler for snowboarding
- Having friends to take me to those places
- Having friends in general - knowing that I can call up someone at any one time to hang out whenever I am bored
Am I excited as to what 2011 would bring?!
Yes, I say bring it on!!!!!!!!
I am super excited about what 2011 has in store for me - I know it won't be easy, there will be plenty of challenges on the way but with all my resources I have at hand, I am ready =D
Watch this space.