Friday, December 31, 2010

The year of discoveries - 2010

Wow..I can't believe the year is drawing to a close now. Where did 2010 go?! I still remember writing dates down as 200X, then having to go back and changing it to 2010..And now I have to readjust everything to 2011!! Well, if that's my only complaint this year, then I've got it pretty good =)

As I sit here and type this, I can't help but gaze at the mountains and feel so blessed about everything I have in my life right now. If you described to me at the beginning of the year that this is where I'll be, there is no way I would have thought that was close to possible. But hey, here I am now with everything I could ever want and a list of what I am thankful for (maybe this would be more appropriate during the Thanksgiving season =P)
  • Living with views of the mountain from my backyard
  • Living one block from the skytrain station
  • Living three stops away from Metrotown, the biggest shopping centre in BC..second biggest in Canada
  • Living ten minutes from Downtown
  • Living a five minute walk to the community centre (only just discovered the other day!)
  • Having the bus stop right outside my house
  • Living with six other awesome girl, its a sorority house minus all the drama
  • Living in such a big house and never feeling like my personal space is compromised
  • Having such a huge kitchen to get my baking on
  • Having a home cooked meal prepared every night, yet only having to cook once a week
  • Being able to talk to anyone in the house about anything..including at 3am in the morning (There is always one person awake at any hour of the day here!)
  • Having a selection of board games on the shelf
  • Having a selection of books on the fireplace mantle
  • Having a selection of 20 different teas, coffees and hot chocolate
  • Having not one, but two fireplaces
  • Having my first real Christmas tree in the living room
  • Having my first cold Christmas EVER
  • Having a jacuzzi in my room I haven't used yet
  • Having a walk in wardrobe the size of a small bedroom
  • Having a flatscreen LCD TV with surround sound in the family room
  • Having a workout room...no excuses for no exercise!
  • Having roomies the same size as me..my wardrobe magically increased ten fold!
  • Going down to the States for shopping and eating
  • Going up to Whistler for snowboarding
  • Having friends to take me to those places
  • Having friends in general - knowing that I can call up someone at any one time to hang out whenever I am bored
So what are my New Years Resolution..I don't have any! For me, I prefer to keep a constant track of what the areas I would like to change in my life and work on that over a period a time. I don't like having to wait until a certain time of the year to decide what those changes are going to be..then wait another 12 months to see if that has been achieved. Of course, I can see why people choose the start of a new year to make resolutions but for me, rather than being motivated by the calendar year to suggest 'improvements' for my life, I like to be motivated by the change itself =)

Am I excited as to what 2011 would bring?!

Yes, I say bring it on!!!!!!!!

I am super excited about what 2011 has in store for me - I know it won't be easy, there will be plenty of challenges on the way but with all my resources I have at hand, I am ready =D



Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment