Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Updates Galore

Well, its been a while since I've last blogged - actually its only been less than a week but so much has happened since. Here is a day by day account of my life narrated by photos!

Thursday Night
Eleanor's birthday

SO GOOD - Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake  

Friday morning 2 am 

Black Friday sales. The biggest sale in the States where the shops open at midnight and people go crazy.

The craziness rubbed off onto me causing me to shop from 2am to 2pm the next day.

Seattle Premium Outlet Malls
Crazy long lines in the cold

Awesome!!

 Saturday

My friend from Perth, Peter (pronounced Pee-tarrrr not Pee-terrr according to the source himself) arrived on Saturday from Seattle. He wanted to buy instant noodles so I just had to take him to TNT! The most Asian supermarket outside of Asia. Here, they don't understand when you speak English. Especially Australian English.

So many options

Meat market

Live and frozen seafood market
Vege market

Sunday

These photos aren't very clear but they're filming a new movie behind my Church called 'This means War' starring Reese Witherspoons. That explained why we were hearing explosions and cars being overturned! Its so interesting to see how they make a movie.


 

That night, I invited some friends from Perth over for steamboat (at least they know what that means!) But because I don't actually have a steamboat, we used the stove as a makeshift steamboat thingy. NOM NOM NOM.




Such a funny story behind this too. I didn't actually know them back in Perth, well not unless you count the one time we met on New Years' Eve at karaoke in Utopia (Yes, sadly - that's where I was on NYE) but lets be honest, no one remembered anything from that night. 

Anyway, we have a mutual friend back in Perth who sent out a mass facebook message and basically introduced everyone over fb saying 'You guys are all from Perth but now are in Vancouver - go make friends.' So I left my number on the post and Arthur and Jacinta contacted me. We caught up for dinner on Saturday night and I found out they were looking for a place to stay. 

Funnily enough, the tenants downstairs are moving out and now Arthur and Jacinta will be joining the House of Awesome as my new roomies in the basement suite. YAY!! We may have to rename it to the House of Aussieness since we have four Aussies in the house now (I will count Eleanor as an honourary Aussie since she studied Melbourne for two years and knows exactly what I mean when I say trolley).

We also have another friend, Amy, moving into the basement suite on the same day so now we have the whole three levels of the house to ourselves - 6 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 3 living rooms and 2 kitchens. So what to do with all this space...I suggest IRON CHEF =D =D

No comments:

Post a Comment