Thursday, June 30, 2011

First BBQ of the summer

We had our first bbq of the summer last week. Let's be honest, I wouldn't really consider this to be summer...its the equivalent of Autumn in Perth. But hey, I'll still take what I can...any reason to throw a shrimp on the barbie. OK, I don't really talk like that but I have to use that saying at least once ;)

Prepping food in the kitchen

Wings, wings, wings..they are big on wings here
With seasoning and all that good stuff
Look, purple corn chips!!!!
You go girl!! Best salad ever!

Oh so delicious

Secret ingredient...wasabi mayooooo. I wanna bring some back to Perth.
Nacho, nacho man...I wanna be a nacho man..
Getting the barbie started

Baked corn by yours truly

So gooddddddd
And here it iss...
Sitting out on the patio
Pigging out time - think its like 9pm now
We couldn't even finish one tray of nachos..
So the weather hasn't really improved by that much since last week...as much as I miss the sunshine, I am actually getting to it. I remember it was like low 20s and I was thinking, wow...its getting pretty hot. LOL!! Low 20s is like Perth winter. WOW. My ability to withstand heat as decreased dramatically in the few months I have been living here. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment