Thursday, June 16, 2011

Redemption

In my last post, I talked about the Stanley Cup playoffs. We lost that game 4-0 to Boston Bruins, but I'm not really upset about that. It was the reaction to the loss which I feel strongly about.

The reaction turned this beautiful city...


Into something like this...


 Before the game..

After the game..


Honestly, what goes on in the mind of these people?! I just can't understand for the life of me why people would do this. The actions of a few ruin it for everyone else. There were many news commentators expressing disgust, shame and embarrasment of the downtown riots and it was a sentiment echoed by many Vancouverites.

Indeed, there was plenty of damage done but by this morning, Vancouver united to clean up the injured city. Now it is in top form again and I am proud to be living in a city whose citizens take pride in restoring it back to its beauty state.

There is a reason it always makes it to the top 10 most liveable city in the world!!!


Thank you God for this beautiful city we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment