Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mother of all updates

This is going to be an epic update. I've been meaning to update for a while now but had problems uploading photos on the lappy. Here is a summary of the last few weeks of my life.

LA

Yay!! I went to LA  for a couple of days earlier this month. HOW I LOVE LA!!! The sun, shopping, people, food....basically, EVERYTHING! Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries like a few hours into the trip and I forgot to bring the battery charger, so only managed to take a few photos before my camera died. Story of my life.


Waiting for our 9am flight
First stop after getting out of LAX: IN AND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checking into our hotel

Why hello roomie =)

Gorgeous water feature
All that sun hurts my eyes
Our daily morning Starbucks run
Time to bring out the summer dresses.


I must comment on one of the best discoveries ever made. Pink Berry.

The best frozen yoghurt you will ever have.

The only time I will sacrifice dinner so I can fill my tummy up with dairy goodness. The only time I will go back to a frozen yoghurt place TWICE in one day. The only time I will almost miss my flight back home to get one more hit of that creamy deliciousness.

Unlimited toppings baby!

And guess what guys, they use NON fat milk and NON fat yoghurt. So its actually healthy for you (that is what they tell me and that is what I shall believe). Do yourselves a favour, if you are ever in LA, grab some Pinkberry!!!

Wow, that was such a fun but intense trip. In the three days I was there, I had a total of seven hours sleep. Not enough for somebody who needs their regular eight hours a night but it was totally worth it =D

As much as I love LA, I am so glad to be home.

CHEESECAKE TIME

It's been a while since I last baked, and seeing it was my friend's birthday last week, that was the perfect opportunity to whip up something derrricccciousssssssssss.

With the help of KitchenAid

Getting ready the baking utensils

Measuring ingredients, look at all that butter.

...And sugar

Let's double the crust. I love crusts.

KitchenAid to the rescue

Whipping up the creamy goodness

Blueberry compote

Ready to be served

Ingredients

  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups frozen blueberries

Directions

  1. Combine crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Pat mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
  2. Mash cream cheese until soft and creamy. Gradually beat in sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla and flour. Beat in eggs one at a time.
  3. Pour mixture into crumb-lined pan. Bake in a preheated 325 degree F (165 degrees C) oven for 1 hour or until firm to the touch.
  4. Cool and then remove cake from pan by loosening edges with a knife
  5. Compote is made by mixing sugar and blueberries in a saucepan until the sauce thickens. Amount of sugar is up to you, depending on how sweet you want it.

Its really simple and easy to make. Taste delicious too...and I'm not a fan of cheesecake!

CANUCKS FEVER

I have never blogged about the Canucks before and that's because I just jumped on the bandwagon of Canuck lovers. So who are the Canucks? They are Vancouver's national ice hockey team. Why are they so important? Because they are ONE game away from winning the Stanley Cup. What is the Stanley Cup? It is the trophy awarded to the champions of the National Hockey League.

This is Canada's national sport my friend. I didn't understand their passionate love of the game until I went downtown after one of their wins. And this is what happened.

Watching the game at the bar. We saved seats since 3pm. The game starts at 5pm.

Downtown

People EVERYWHERE

I love my friends

Still walking around

This is a different street

This is like the skyworks in Perth. Minus rowdy, drunk people.

The sport that unites the nation

Check out the time, its 8:30pm and its still SO bright.

Forgot to wear my Canucks gear =(

I should wave an Australian flag =)

People climbing up the lamppost.
This is happy madness.

So what does mad madness look like? Well, I have been told the last time we lost the cup, there were riots downtown. LIKE WOW. REALLY?! I'm talking about police cars being flipped over and torched, shops being broken into and looted...basically imagine the photos I took of happy smiley people and replace it with crazy mad people.

We have the FINAL FINAL game on Wednesday night at 5pm. The outcome of the game will determine what sort of photos will be posted, I am hoping HAPPY pictures. I am not going to sleep if we win =)

GO CANUCKS GO!

Now go watch this.

http://youtu.be/rH0EX0xI36Y

Produced by Jay Imoo, rap by Tpak and vocals by Sean Chiu. Love the talent. Love the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment