Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hello again Seattle...

I've barely been in Vancouver for two weeks and here I am going off to Seattle again...oh who can say no to shopping? I'm not a big shopper but I have been deprived for weeeeeekkksssss. It's not fun living out of a suitcase so now that I've got my own place and a HUGGGGEEEEEEEEE walk in wardrobe to fill, I can't think of a better time to go. OK, I hear people say perhaps after I get a job and earn money to spend..minor detail I say. Actually, its a blessing in disguise that I went there with limited cash because that was the only thing stopping me from buying more.


Getting ready for the road trip, my second cup of coffee before 10am

How I got to Seattle =)

 
Stopover


 
Just before the border of the US Customs

Yep, we're heading the right direction.

Made a stopover at a field of pumpkins. Look how GINOURMOUS they are!

It was quite a productive day of shopping, I purchased most of the winter gear I required for Canadian weather:

- A pair of sketchers
- Two pairs of waterproof boots
- A coat
- Sunnies - maybe not really required in winter but I lost mine that day =(

 Apparently this year is going to be a really bad winter but I am prepared so I say, bring it on! Hahaha..I will probably regret saying that. Ask me again in two weeks.

Getting past the US border was a bit of a hassle for me. Americans and Canadians can apply for a nexus card where you get quick entry in and out the border without having to queue in line. Whereas, because I'm Australian, I don't get that priviledge...and now, no one wants to take me across the border because they know its a bit of a hassle taking an Australian around. C'mon guys! But on a serious note, I do need to head back soon, I got a voucher for spending it up and I need to use it before it expires. Seattle, you will be seeing me again very shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment