Sunday, October 24, 2010

My First Thanksgiving - Canadian style

As I mentioned in the previous post, I arrived just before the Thanksgiving weekend. When I was telling everyone it was my first Thanksgiving celebration, they were pretty surprised until I reminded them that we don't celebrate it in Australia. I was lucky enough to be invited not to one, but TWO Thanksgiving dinners.

The first one was with Della and her family. I met Della on Sunday and she invited me to her place for Thanksgiving dinner that night. They were super sweet and really welcoming.
 
Setting the table up for a feast
 
Look at all that Turkey..


Time to chow down

My second Thanksgiving dinner was with Nick and his friends.

Prep time

Check out the purple corn, they come in purple!

Getting ready to serve dinner
Enough Turkey to last us one week..

And that was the weekend of glutony.

I'm glad we don't have bathroom scales in the house and I'm pretty sure my jeans are only feeling tighter because of they shrunk in dryer...

No comments:

Post a Comment