Friday, October 15, 2010

Mayhem in Melbourne

13th September 2010 - Melbourne

On this day, I felt a mixture of emotions - sad to leave my friends and family, excited for a new chapter in my life, nervous about the uncertainties ahead, worried I might not be able to go through with but the one overriding feeling was a sense of peace. I knew it was something that I had to do and as scared as I was, I know I was going to be fine. Anyway, my first stop was Melbourne which is practically a home away from home for me. It wasn't exactly home but still had a sense of familiarity that made me feel comfortable.

I have an awesome support network in Melbourne. I managed to catch with friends from Brisbane who were there that weekend as well as meeting new friends. It was generally just good times all round.


I mean you can probably tell by the forced smiles on everyone's faces how much fun we're having. And the answer is LOTS. But seriously, I do appreciate everyone taking me out and about even missing out on the Grand Finals to do so.

It was kinda on the last day, at the airport, when I'm checking in my luggage, I had that same feeling of 'omg what am I doing?!'. I think Jason picked up on it coz he constantly asked me if I was OK after going quiet on him as he drove me to the airport. But alas, I have not come this far to stay on the other side of Australia, but to continue the rest of my trip. Luckily, 14 hours of flight time was enough for me to mentally prepare myself for what was to lie ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment