Saturday, October 30, 2010

I love baking

I just love my kitchen, we can comfortably lots of people running around baking and cooking. I pretty spent the whole of Friday baking for our housewarming party and somehow managed to convince Shirlz to take the day off to join me =) I'm such a good influence.

My recipe book - has every recipe on the planet
Check out the 2.4kg choc chip packet!
My pink cupcakes

Finished
Mixing banana cake
Banana cake batter
Banana bread - all gone before the housewarming
Check out the 10kg bag of flour
Jell-O is not jelly...jelly means jam here.
Colourful Jell-O
Cute button cookies
Our baked buttons...delicious
Base for pies
Nanaimo Bars
Cooking dinner in the middle of baking, our amazing ability to multitask
We can cook from the other side of the bench too, awesomeness.
Our baking team!!
It's so annoying having to convert from Australian units such as mL to cups or cups to grams or Celsius to Fahrenheit. I remember baking my first banana cake here and not converting anything. My cake spent 2 hours in the oven to cook because the oven operated in Fahrenheit and I thought it was Celcius =P

Anyway, there will be more photos to come on our awesome Housewarming!! WOOHOO..and more baking to come =D

No comments:

Post a Comment