Friday, October 22, 2010

The House of Awesome

The search for my own place was physically and mentally draining. Imagine going to see places where the bathroom/kitchen/whole house is dirty and the bedroom is the size of a closet, it gets quite depressing and not to mention the amount of rent they expect for that too!!

But quite unexpectedly, I was introduced to a girl who was looking for a fifth roommate for a house they were about to move into...And that's when I knew this had to be it.

Welcome to the House of Awesome

One block from the skytrain, which only takes 10 mins to Downtown
When you enter the house
A lovely fireplace..for toasted marshmallows! Bring on Winter!
My dream kitchen..smells of lovely baked goods every day..
The hot seat
The living room..just wait till we make this look good.
My walk in wardrobe, bigger than most of the bedrooms I've seen.
Our backyard, bring on summer!
Views of Grouse mountain from our backyard

Yep, I get to call this place home. And it gets better. What makes this house a home are the people living in it. Let me introduce you to my wonderful, awesome roomies. Its like a slumber party every night =P

There is Sarah who is an avid baker, knitter and knows how to fix anything! What would we do without her? Well I definitely won't be blogging since she set up the internet and router. And here she works her baking magic:




Yum! Lunch for the girls.
 Not only does she bake bread for our sandwiches but she makes other delicious goodies. Her baking will be the end of me - I'll have to get back into exercise =( And that's where Zana comes in...

Zana just got back from San Fran where she ran half a marathon! I'm hoping some of her fitness will rub off onto me by just living in the same house. I'm sure it works like that =) She is super cool and fun to hang with. And she's a massage therapist. If that isn't enough to fix a sore back we've got a physio in the house too!

That's Miss Shirley...

Shirley and her infectious laugh, that's how I know she's home. Seriously, our house is so big that half the time you don't know who is home. We end up calling/emailing each other to see where we are. Shirlz also loves baking!! And she makes awesomeeeee shortbread. I demolished the rest after she left it on the kitchen bench >.<

Last, but definitely not least, there is Eleanor. She was the first one I met and a real sweetheart. She is always happy. Like always.

Clockwise: Shirlz, Zana, Ele, Sarah & Me!
This is why its great living with four other girls in the same house
  • We're all pretty much very similar in size...so if I ever need something to wear... =)
  • Abundance of baking utensils and tupperware
  • One word: Skim milk..ok, that was two words. But seriously, no one else likes skim milk but these girls do!
  • No fights over the bathrooms - we have 2.5 bathrooms. That works out to be half a bathroom for each of us. Its working out fine.
And most importantly...
  • We don't have to worry about the toilet seat!!
And that's why its called the house of awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha Ling that truly is awesome :) Great to hear you got such a fantastic place! Cuong

    ReplyDelete